Moments with Mrs. Moline

Mrs. Moline interview

Arushi Chamaria, Contributor

Mrs. Moline is an 8th grade science teacher.  She teaches force, motion, gravity, space systems, energy, heredity, and natural selection, but she wasn’t like this before.  Before coming a teacher, she was a flight attendant for United Airlines.  As well as this job, she considered nursing and being a respiratory therapist.  She stated that her inspiration to teach was “I have always enjoyed attending school.  Many teachers inspired me through elementary, middle, and high school.  I enjoyed sports such as Cheerleading and basketball through middle and high school.  I take pride in being a lifelong learner and helping others.  I have the patience and desire to help young students have great experiences in their school career.” She had a passion for learning new things and being with friends.  She was involved in student council and sports for her school. She also skated, but did not play sports for her college.

In school,  she admires the usage of the Chromebooks to enhance the learning instruction.  In Science class, we use Chromebooks for Daily Science, Gizmo simulations, Jane Schaffer writing lessons, review games, and research.  Her most memorable moment in Sig Rogich Middle School is attending the end of school year Awards Assembly.  It’s rewarding to see how much the students have accomplished throughout the school year.  The community comes together and shows such great support for all the hardworking students. Mrs. Moline loves attending school basketball games and thinks it is so exciting.  “The community gets so involved and comes together to support these young athletes.  I try to come to most Rogich basketball games to support the team and school.  I also get involved while dressing out for school spirit days and many other events.”  She likes to show her students that it’s not only important but fun to get involved and show support for your school.  

At home, she is married with two children.  Her daughter is a freshman at Bishop Gorman High School, and her son is a 6th grader attending Faith Lutheran Middle School. Both of her children are active in sports in the community and at their schools. In conclusion, Mrs. Moline has a very interesting life and is taking pride teaching at Sig Rogich Middle School.

Photo credits: Mia Hatfield