Let’s Get to Know Lucas Poirier

Lucas Poirier

Back to Article
Back to Article

Let’s Get to Know Lucas Poirier

Photo Credit: Moira Basiga

Photo Credit: Moira Basiga

Photo Credit: Moira Basiga

Moira Basiga, Contributor

We had a chance to interview art student, Lucas Poirier, and find out about his passion for art. Lucas Poirier is a sixth grade student, and chose art as an elective for his first year at Rogich.

To start this interview off, I started with asking him simple questions like, why did you join art? He replied by saying,”I joined art, because I was always good at drawing but nothing else artistic so I wanted to learn more about different types of art.” Soon I found out why he does art. When I asked him why he replied and said,”I do art, because I always thought it was fun and I can draw and do what I want instead of doing something that I didn’t feel like doing. “  

He has done art for a while now, he did art since he was 8 years old, and he usually likes to draw people and animals. Then I wanted to find out what his favorite pieces he made was, and he responded by saying,”My favorite piece of art I have done is a picture of my dog that I had a few years ago.”  He added on and said that his favorite lesson he has done was the 3D shading lesson they did, he said this because he uses it a lot in drawings he does outside of school. Then I had asked if he had improved in art since he joined this elective, and he replied,”I have improved a lot since starting art as an elective. Now, I put more detail into all of my work and how I do things.”

One of the last questions I’ve asked was what inspired him to do art, then he said,”I think my family inspired me to do art, because my mom and my sister always were very good at art and I never was so I wanted to learn so I could do it better than they could.” It is nice that he is challenged by his family to be better and improve in art so he can do it better.

Then the last and final question I asked was,”Are you going to do art again next year?” and he replied, “I do not know if I am doing art again next year, but I do enjoy it so it is a possibility I will do it again.”

Overall Lucas has done art for a long time and wishes to continue doing art in the future.

About the Writer
Moira Basiga, Contributer

Moira Basiga is an 8th grade student at Sig Rogich Middle School. Moira helps with the creation of the yearbook and the newspaper. Out of school, she spends...