2018 Winter Olympics

Pyeongchang

Lexi Hall, Contributor

This year’s 2018 Winter Olympics are right around the corner. This year’s opening ceremony is presumed to be extraordinary. The opening ceremony will be starting February 9, as the competing teams walk around representing their flags.  Your favorite winter sports are going to be held February 9-25th.  This year’s Olympics will be held at the Pyeongchang Olympic Stadium in Pyeongchang, South Korea. Over a few weeks, many competitions will be held. Some of the personal favorites are figure skating and snowboarding. Both of these are a tremendous amount of fun to watch and requires a lot of skill to do.

In addition, did you know that Russia has been suspended from the Olympics? Russia was caught for using certain medication to make their olympians do better. Because of this, they were suspended. If they still want to compete, they will compete under the neutral flag and anthem. If they win any medals, it will not go under the Russian record.

In conclusion, 2018 Winter Olympics are going to be a blast. Make sure to tune in on TV so you don’t miss your favorite events.

About the Writer
Lexi Hall, Contributor

Lexi is a 7th grade student at Sig Rogich Middle School.  She works very hard at school and is always trying her best.  She is what some call a "part-time...