The Journey to Rogich!

Interview with Ms.Zurich.

Photo+credits%3A+Arushi+chamaria+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Journey to Rogich!

Photo credits: Arushi chamaria

Photo credits: Arushi chamaria

Photo credits: Arushi chamaria

Photo credits: Arushi chamaria

Arushi Chamaria, Contributor

As one may know, Ms. Zurich teaches Geometry and Pre-Algebra at Sig Rogich Middle School, but she wasn’t always a teacher.  Before teaching, she had many jobs such as at gyms, management, sales, and personal training. She also considered coaching, personal training, taxes, and a physician’s assistant.  Ms. Zurich attended Indiana University, University of Central Florida and Sierra Nevada College for her education. She chose these collages since it was closer to her house.  The one thing that inspired her the most was her teachers in 4th through 6th grades.

In school, one of her pet peeves is “boys who can’t keep their hands to themselves” says Ms. Zurich.  As a teacher, she doesn’t believe in individual homework assignments, just opportunities to complete assignments that were not finished during class time. “As being an old person, I am trying to get used to using technology and Chromebooks.”

She loves to attend and be a part of participating in school spirit events and basketball games. One thing that she admires about this year is “the students I have this year.  Each and every one of them is amazing!” One thing she admires in a teacher is “organization and decorating skills. Two things I am lacking terribly!” said Ms. Zurich.

In conclusion, one thing Ms. Zurich wants to change in this world is the threat of war so people can travel anywhere they want without any fear and stress.  She loves to watch hockey games and she supports the Las Vegas Hockey team,  the Golden Knights.