• September 28"Week of Respect" Monday 10/1-Friday 10/5

• September 27China Trip 2019 Meeting - Wednesday, October 3 at 6pm in the Rogich Library

Crazy Time for Coachella!

Paige Kuwata, Contributor

Festival season is full of funky clothes, makeup, and new music. Performers from all around come to impress people and create music for their ears. The variety of music styles is different everyday bringing in new artists and some old favorites. The lineup consists of Beyonce, The Weeknd, Eminem, Tyler the Creator, Migos, Post Malone, Cardi B, and other artist that are ready to rock the stage!

The event hosted in Indio, California is world famous for the atmosphere and the parties that occur during the festival. Although this event might be really fun, the ticket prices are soaring because of the popularity. General admissions are starting up at about $429 and VIP prices are around $999 to attend the event. The ten days of music and fun are filled with joy that bring happiness to people’s faces.

Some brands are so serious about the festival they come out with special clothing items or makeup products for special use in this event. For example, the clothing brand H&M brings out special items that should be worn during the event. The weather compliments the fun, exciting atmosphere of the artists and everyone around. Artists have the chance to show off the music they’ve created and maybe gain a few fans along the way.

The music festival was such a hit in 2017, that it made a whopping $47.3 million dollars with all of the tickets and merchandise that was sold. A few years ago in 2013, the tickets sold out in 20 minutes because so many people want to experience all of the fun parts of a music festival.

Although some people may want to go to the event, you must be 18 years or older to attend unless you have an parent or legal guardian with you. The popular event also means lots of money for hotels and places to stay. The hotels that aren’t too far from where the festival is located is a perfect place for the music lovers to stay. All of the people who attend need somewhere to rest after an exhilarating day of events. Overall, this is the perfect time of year to enjoy music and have fun before the summer heat rolls in!

Photo Credit: www.pexels.com

About the Writer
Paige Kuwata, Contributor

Paige is a student at Sig Rogich Middle School in the 8th grade and is on the Publications and Newspaper staff. Her favorite subject is English and that is where she excels.  She works her hardest at everything and makes sure everything is turned in on time. Outside of school, Paige is a competitive swimmer on the Sandpipers of Nevada swim team and trains hard at practice to prepare for swim meets that she competes in monthly. Also, she loves ramen noodles and hanging out with her friends. She has never done the newspaper and has done yearbook once before and is very excited to learn new things. She is excited to produce the yearbook and newspaper this year!