• September 28"Week of Respect" Monday 10/1-Friday 10/5

• September 27China Trip 2019 Meeting - Wednesday, October 3 at 6pm in the Rogich Library

Lady Vegas Golden Knights

Kaitlyn Mitchell, Contributor

The Vegas Lady Golden Knights is Las Vegas’ first all-girls tournament ice hockey team. Our players currently range from 9-15 and the team has competed in California and Montana in both 12U and 14U girls tournaments. The Lady Golden Knights welcome all girls wishing to play hockey and/or learning to play hockey in a fun and competitive environment where development of each players skills is the central focus.

The Lady Golden Knights are a team that wants to build and grow women’s hockey. These girls are doing different things to help spread the word about this team. Including: going to Golden Knights games, going to stores, going to a skate at the Cosmopolitan. They were even on the News!

These girls have participated in 2 tournaments this year and hope to go to more next year. They went to Lakewood for Thanksgiving, and they went to Kalispell, Montana for the last weekend of winter break. Next year they hope to go to San Jose, California for MLK weekend, Kalispell, Montana, Lakewood, and a few others.

The coach of the VLGK is Gloria Wong, she is a big part of the girl’s program here in Vegas. She makes every practice special and she makes the girls do the same drills over and over to make sure they get the skills they need.

At the Las Vegas Ice Center there are girls skills on Monday nights. Any girl small or tall can go even if they are just starting out. The point of the skills are to get girls into playing hockey and make it hockey fun.

About the Writer
Kaitlyn Mitchell, Contributor

Kaitlyn is a 7th grade student at Sig Rogich Middle School. She is currently in NJHS and hopes to stay there. She enjoys school and is in a few clubs too. She is in every accelerated subject except for Science. She is also currently in Publications and loves it, it’s her favorite class! Outside of school, she has hockey practice three times a week and an extra practice for girls once a week. She has a mom, dad, sister, two dogs, and a fish. She enjoys playing with her dogs and like to do things outside. My favorite thing in the world is my friends and family, when I make a friend I always hope we stay friends forever.