NCAA Tournament

Alec Milton, Contributor

The NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament is a single-elimination tournament played each spring in the United States, it has 68 college basketball teams from the Division I level of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, to determine the national championship.

Eight teams played in the First Four ,the successor to what had been popularly known as “play-in games” through the 2010 tournament. The winners of these games advanced to the main draw of the tournament.The tournament was created in 1939 by the National Association of Basketball Coaches, and was the idea of The Ohio State University coach Harold Olsen. Played mostly during March, it has become one of the most famous annual sporting events in the United States. The tournament teams include champions from 32 Division I conferences, and 36 teams which are awarded at-large berths. These at large teams are chosen by an NCAA selection committee.

When the final seconds run out, the team that win March Madness will have stories to tell. The losing team could either choose to think about the accomplishment of being one of the 2 team that even get to play in the March Madness. They’ll have the luxury of talking about success and failure. Either way a congratulations is in order for the winner.

Image result for march madness

March madness Who do you want

About the Writer
Alec Milton, Contributor

Alec Milton is a 13 year old who loves to be on the yearbook staff.  He plays a variety of sports, including baseball, soccer, football and paintball. ...