Board Game Club 2018

Macey Bolden, Contributor

Board Game Club 2018

In this issue club’s spotlight is Board Game Club. It is held in Room 816, Mrs. Day’s after school. Board Game Club is fun to lots of students at Sig Rogich Middle School. I asked Mrs. Day some questions about Board Game Club:

The first question I asked Mrs. Day about Board Game Club is: What is the purpose of gathering the club? She answered with: The purpose of Board Game Club is to meet new friends and have fun playing board games.”

Do you enjoy playing board games with others why or why not? Mrs. Day answered: “I love playing games. Our family plays games whenever we get together. Our family cabin in Utah has so many games. We spend the entire weekend playing games when we visit.”

Describe Board Game Club in one word and why are you describing board game club this way? She responded with: “Exciting! Kids love learning new games and the energy in the classroom can be heard down the hall.”

What is your favorite board game? She said: “Scrabble is a family favorite now that my kids are older. When they were younger, Sequence was the first game we would play on Winter Break and in the summer.”

Then I asked: Do you like participating in board game club why or why not? She responded: “Yes. I love playing various board games and learning new card games. The students love to compete with me!”

In Addition I asked her: Did you enjoy playing board games when you were a kid? “Yes! My aunts taught me Scrabble and various card games.”

Finally I asked her the last question: “I started Board Game Club, so students can have fun playing games in a non-pressured environment.”