Welcome Back!!!

School is back in town!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Welcome Back!!!

It's time for school! Are you ready?

It's time for school! Are you ready?

undrey - Fotolia

It's time for school! Are you ready?

undrey - Fotolia

undrey - Fotolia

It's time for school! Are you ready?

David Larsen, Contibutor

Hello and welcome back to Rider Review! Or if you’re new to the site, welcome, and thanks for taking the time to visit the official Sig Rogich Middle School Newspaper. Well it’s that time of the year again; the time for a new school year, new opportunities, and maybe meeting some new friends. It’s crazy that time flew so fast! Every new school year is new, so what will be different, and what won’t? In this new first edition of Rider Review, we’ll be taking a look at what’s new, what’s the same, and what you can expect throughout this year. Let’s go!

What’s New

So what exactly are the new changes this year? This year, the school has decided to have individual houses for all the different grade levels. For example, the eighth graders are part of the eighth grade house, the seventh graders are part of the seventh grade house, etc. Also new, are some of the new staff coming to Rogich for the first time, like Mr. Megown, Mr. Besser, Ms. Sugamell, and  Ms. Barnett. We’ve also have a lot of new students, making our school grow even bigger and fuller. For the teachers, the theme this year is F.U.N., which stands for Focused, Uncluttered, and Nice. With all the new stuff for this year, I think this will make this year a lot more F.U.N..

What’s the Same

There may be a lot of new things, but what’s the same? If you’re new to the school, this will all be new, but if your a returning student, a lot of this should sound familiar. Starting on the 15th of October, Pink Out Week is back, so make sure to plan ahead and get your pink gear to help support breast cancer awareness. In November, we have the annual Turkey Trot on the 14th, which is always a fun way to run and maybe even win a free turkey. From December 10-14, we get Winter Week, which is also a fun time for everyone. But those are just some of the highlights. If you want to check out all of the events coming up this school year, go to the link provided here: https://www.rogichms.org/apps/events2/?id=0&v=1&m=8&y=2018#today.

That’s about it. It’s pretty clear that this is going to be an awesome year. We have some new teacher, a new theme for the teachers, and a lot of exciting events yet to come. If you enjoyed this article, or if I missed anything, leave a comment, and make sure to tell me what to write about next. Also, make sure to go check out the other awesome articles on Rider Review. Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you next time.

Photo Credit: https://harveymilk.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/first_day_of_school.jpeg