Welcome Back!!!

School is back in town!

It's time for school! Are you ready?

It's time for school! Are you ready?

undrey - Fotolia

undrey - Fotolia

It's time for school! Are you ready?

David Larsen, Contibutor

Hello and welcome back to Rider Review! Or if you’re new to the site, welcome, and thanks for taking the time to visit the official Sig Rogich Middle School Newspaper. Well it’s that time of the year again; the time for a new school year, new opportunities, and maybe meeting some new friends. It’s crazy that time flew so fast! Every new school year is new, so what will be different, and what won’t? In this new first edition of Rider Review, we’ll be taking a look at what’s new, what’s the same, and what you can expect throughout this year. Let’s go!

What’s New

So what exactly are the new changes this year? This year, the school has decided to have individual houses for all the different grade levels. For example, the eighth graders are part of the eighth grade house, the seventh graders are part of the seventh grade house, etc. Also new, are some of the new staff coming to Rogich for the first time, like Mr. Megown, Mr. Besser, Ms. Sugamell, and  Ms. Barnett. We’ve also have a lot of new students, making our school grow even bigger and fuller. For the teachers, the theme this year is F.U.N., which stands for Focused, Uncluttered, and Nice. With all the new stuff for this year, I think this will make this year a lot more F.U.N..

What’s the Same

There may be a lot of new things, but what’s the same? If you’re new to the school, this will all be new, but if your a returning student, a lot of this should sound familiar. Starting on the 15th of October, Pink Out Week is back, so make sure to plan ahead and get your pink gear to help support breast cancer awareness. In November, we have the annual Turkey Trot on the 14th, which is always a fun way to run and maybe even win a free turkey. From December 10-14, we get Winter Week, which is also a fun time for everyone. But those are just some of the highlights. If you want to check out all of the events coming up this school year, go to the link provided here: https://www.rogichms.org/apps/events2/?id=0&v=1&m=8&y=2018#today.

That’s about it. It’s pretty clear that this is going to be an awesome year. We have some new teacher, a new theme for the teachers, and a lot of exciting events yet to come. If you enjoyed this article, or if I missed anything, leave a comment, and make sure to tell me what to write about next. Also, make sure to go check out the other awesome articles on Rider Review. Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you next time.

Photo Credit: https://harveymilk.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/first_day_of_school.jpeg

About the Writer
David Larsen, Contributor

David Larsen is currently an eighth grader and has been at Rogich since sixth grade. He joined Publications last year and although he wrote stories for...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Welcome Back!!!”

1. Marge Larsen on October 14th, 2018 6:39 pm

This is an awesome article. Keep up the great work!

2. maliyah masterson on October 30th, 2018 10:59 am

Very informative, and has a great set up. I found it very easy to read, and helpful, keep up the awesome work!!! 🙂

• Welcome Back!!!

Headlines

The First Person To Play Golf On The Moon

• Welcome Back!!!

Headlines

CANCER! Raise Awareness

• Welcome Back!!!

Headlines

The Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade

• Welcome Back!!!

Headlines

Get A Scare With This List

• Welcome Back!!!

Headlines

Spooky corn mazes!

• Headlines

Week of respect

• Welcome Back!!!

Headlines

A Day for Trees

• Headlines

Lady Vegas Golden Knights

• Headlines

Crazy Time for Coachella!

• Headlines

Spring Forward!

Welcome Back!!!