Fantastic Beasts

The wizarding world welcomes you once again!

Sydney Dunn, Contributor

Attention all Potterheads!!! There is going to be a second Fantastic Beasts movie! It will be called Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. The movie is an upcoming fantasy/ drama movie, coming out November 18, 2018. It is a sequel to Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, rated PG-13. Even though J.K. Rowling wrote Fantastic Beasts after Harry Potter, the two Fantastic Beasts movies take place before the story of  Harry Potter. It’s about a wizard, Grindelwald, who wants to end peace in the wizarding world. Grindelwald has plans of raising pure- blood wizards to rule over muggles (non- magical people), but Albus Dumbledore hires a past student, Newt Scamander, to stop Grindelwald. Scamander agrees to this task not knowing what dangers lie ahead.

I interviewed, Alexa Neves, a seventh grader who also is a huge Harry Potter fan. She has never seen the first Fantastic Beasts movie, but wants to, and plans to see the second one, too. Alexa has not read all the Harry Potter books, nor has she watched all the movies, but the ones that she has, she loves. She gives them a 10 out of 10. Alexa quotes, “I think that the Harry Potter series is an amazing series. It’s so adventurous and creative.” She also says that she cannot wait to see both of the Fantastic Beasts movies. If this movie is like any of the other J.K. Rowling movies get your tickets early.

Photo Credit: Sydney Dunn

Photo Credit: Free stock photos · Pexels

About the Writer
Sydney Dunn, Contributor

Sydney Dunn is a fascinating person! She has two wonderful sisters, two extraordinary parents, and one adorable dog. Sydney loves to play volleyball, play...