Top 5 Chistmas Songs

The top 5 Christmas songs that are sure to please everyone.

Syndey Dunn, Contributor

Top 5 Christmas Songs

It’s that time of year again, Christmas. The time to decorate, get presents, spend time with your family, and have a jovial time while humming Christmas songs. You may have noticed, while you are in the car, that Christmas songs are beginning playing. That’s because the holiday season is almost here! Here are the top five Christmas songs of all time according to Billboard.com.

1. “Feliz Navidad,” by Jose Feliciano

The famous Christmas song by José Feliciano was released in 1970.  The song means Merry Christmas in Spanish and is one of the top 25 most played Christmas songs around the world.

1. “Jingle Bell Rock,” by Bobby Helms

The popular Christmas song was released by Bobby Helms in 1957. Since then, it has been frequently been played every Christmas season. Some of the lyrics come from the old Christmas classic, “Jingle Bells.”

1. “The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You),” by Nat King Cole

Nat King Cole recorded this Christmas original in 1946. Another common name for this song is “Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire.” This song was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1974.

1. “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree,” by Brenda Lee

This classic song, recorded by Brenda Lee, was released in 1958. She recorded it when she was only 13 years old. The original song has sold over 25 million copies.

1. “All I Want for Christmas is You,” by Mariah Carey

This Christmas song was in 1994. It was on Mariah Carey’s first holiday album titled, “Merry Christmas.” The song is considered to be the best selling modern day Christmas song of all time. Mariah Carey re-recorded the song as a duet with Justin Bieber in 2011. The original version is the 11th best selling single of all time.

So when you hear Christmas songs in the car, at the mall, at the doctor’s office, or anywhere else, don’t be afraid to sing along. Christmas is a special time of year. Enjoy it! Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

Source: Billboard.com

Photo credit: pexels.com