D.I.Y Christmas Decor and Gifts

Amazing gift ideas for the holiday season that anyone will be happy to open!

Back to Article
Back to Article

D.I.Y Christmas Decor and Gifts

Christmas time is near!

Christmas time is near!

pexels.com

Christmas time is near!

pexels.com

pexels.com

Christmas time is near!

Lily Birch, Contributor

It’s that time of the year,holiday season! Christmas is right around the corner! Many people all around the world favor this holiday and spend lots of time trying to make the special day perfect. A survey created by the Pew Research Center shows that 9/10 American families celebrate Christmas. This means that 90% of people in the U.S. celebrate it, but don’t be fooled by this jolly holiday; many people could agree that Christmas causes lots of stress and is one of the busiest times of year for everyone. Since the holiday is all about showing love to one another and giving gifts, loads of families have to go through the hassle of decorating and getting the right gifts for everyone, and to avoid big ordeals they have to remember to get everyone a gift. That being said, here are some excellent D.I.Y Christmas decoration and gift ideas.

Decorations:

Advent Calendars: These are such a great way to keep the holiday spirit alive on the days leading up to Christmas. There are really many ways you can make one of these. One idea is that you could get pouches or even mini stockings and glue some felt numbers onto the front to keep track of the day you are on. Then all you have to do is add the prizes in the pouch and open them as the days go by. Another way to pull this off is if you use takeout boxes that all look the same and paint on the numbers according to the days. Again add whatever surprise you want and then open one up everyday.

Paper decor: If you are ever desperate for some extra decorations you can always turn to the classic paper snowflakes. It is such a simple concept to fold a piece of paper, cut it a bit and then you are left with a beautiful masterpiece. Almost anyone can do it. Also, you can make ornaments, trees, stars, etc. The possibilities are endless if you know how to do origami.

Scrabble Ornaments: If you are familiar with the board game “Scrabble” then this is the perfect ornament for you. All you have to do is get a ribbon and the pieces of the game, from this point you can spell whatever you would like with the letters. Attach a hook, and then vwala! You have yourself a great, handmade ornament.

Gifts:

Cake in A Jar: For this tasty treat you just get the ingredients for a cake, put in a jar, and then its complete. It’s so simple, quick, and easy. I’m sure anyone would be delighted to open this present.

Peppermint sugar scrub: What you’ll need for this is sugar, coconut oil, peppermint essential oil, red food coloring, and a container. Basically you just mix them all up and put your final product in the jar and hand it over to that soon to be smiling face.

Sources: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/12/18/5-facts-about-christmas-in-america/

https://www.hgtv.com/design/make-and-celebrate/handmade/our-65-favorite-handmade-holiday-decorating-ideas-pictures

https://www.southernliving.com/christmas/diy-christmas-gifts

About the Writer
Lily Birch, Contributor

Lily Birch is a seventh grader at Sig Rogich Middle School. She has a brother, 14, and a dog. Lily loves traveling, spending time with friends, and baking....