The Exuberant Elayna!

Elayna is a very exciting girl who is filled with happiness and kindness.

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Exuberant Elayna!

Mikiela Basiga, Contributor

Eighth grader, Elayna Quigley, is undergoing her last year of middle school. She is planning on going to the high school, West Career Technical Academy, or, WCTA for Freshman year. She states, “I chose this school because I can get a great education from there and play for the Palo softball team at the same time.” Elayna takes a huge interest on softball. She currently plays this sport and constantly travels for tournaments. She spends plenty of her time doing softball lessons or practicing and is very devoted to this sport.

Elayna is taking part in the elective, student aide, this year. Although she had other options she chose this elective specifically because, “I thought it would be a fun way to help out and get work done.” Elayna loves being able to help people in many ways as to why her dream job is an Ophthalmologist, a doctor who specializes in eyes. This type of job would help people with eye disorders or diseases.

In the future, Elayna wants to live in Portland, Oregon to be closer to family. She also says, “If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to Fairbanks, Alaska so I can see the Northern Lights.” She would love to go visit and see the astonishing Northern Lights. To be succinct, Elayna is a very passionate and warm-hearted person who would always stop to help someone.

Photo Credit: Mikiela Basiga