The Bold Mrs. Bole

Mrs. Bole is an 8th grade Science teacher who is very passionate about her job.

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Bold Mrs. Bole

Olivia Rodriguez, Contributor

Mrs. Bole is an 8th grade Science teacher who is very passionate about her job. Mrs. Bole chose to teach at Sig Rogich Middle School because, “I actually wanted to teach high school. My kids were in seventh grade here at Rogich and I started subbing here while I waited for CCSD to process my paperwork so I could be hired as a teacher. I really liked teaching here as a sub so when a position opened up I applied for it, interviewed, and got the job!” Mrs. Bole chose to teach Science because, “In my college classes I started noticing that I was the only one on the edge of my seat and that I really loved learning about the world around me.”

Originally, Mrs. Bole wanted to teach kindergarten, but then she starting teaching eighth grade and she started to really love her students, so she kept teaching eighth grade. Mrs. Bole’s favorite part about teaching is, “I love my kids. I get to meet the most interesting and wonderful people every year; and I get to help them figure out how things work.” Mrs. Bole least favorite part about teaching is, “There are two things that make my job really difficult. First, it is really difficult when kids don’t care enough about themselves to take school seriously. Also, after I have spent nine months getting to know how amazing my kids are, they level up and leave.”

In five years, Mrs. Bole sees herself either still teaching at Rogich, or possibly teaching at a high school. If Mrs. Bole wasn’t a Science teacher, then she would be a doctor, but before she went to school, she worked as a secretary. Mrs. Bole’s favorite things to do when she’s not at work is to go to concerts with her family and to play with her dog. Overall, Mrs. Bole loves to teach eighth grade Science at Sig Rogich Middle School and she is very passionate about her job and loves to spend time with her family.

Photo Credit: Olivia Rodriguez

About the Writer
Olivia Rodriguez, Contributor

Olivia is an 8th grader at Sig Rogich Middle School who really enjoys Publications. She really enjoys working with the yearbook because she loves taking...