A New Year! A New You!

The best ways to have a great new year!

Back to Article
Back to Article

A New Year! A New You!

Happy New Year 2019 greeting banner. Festive background with colorful confetti, party popper and sparkles. Vector

Ekatrina Druzhinina

Ekatrina Druzhinina

Ekatrina Druzhinina

David Larsen, Contributor

The new year is here at last! We can make new friends, create new goals for us to achieve and fix our bad habits from last year to become even better than we were last year. However, that also begs the question, what should some of those goals be, and what can we do to be better? If you want the answer, you’ve come to the right place!

Goals

Goals are a significant part of our daily lives. They get us out of our comfort zone, make us braver, and help us learn something new about ourselves. We don’t have to meet our goals everyday, but it never hurts to try. Some good goals to have are to study more often, to not stall on assignments, do your homework, and maybe make a new friend or two. If you really want to push yourself, you can attempt to get straight A’s before the school year ends, but don’t get too stressed out trying.

Preparing for Next School Year

A lot of the time, we tend to forget important things we learned from school during the summer, which can be bad, and can become a bad habit. Some ways to avoid this can be to review your notes, study and read. This will help you become more productive and will help you not struggle to remember everything during school. Of course, make sure to have some fun during your break too.

Being Better than Before

Sure, we might be intelligent or superb already, but we can always try being better. We can become more organized, study more often, or just practice being kinder than before. It may be hard, but it never hurts to try. You can also keep reading Rider Review every month, which will improve your reading and make you even cooler. Hopefully, everybody’s winter break was awesome, and we’ll see you next time, Rough Riders.

Photo Credit: https://cdn4.vectorstock.com/i/1000×1000/11/53/happy-new-year-2019-vector-20931153.jpg

About the Writer
David Larsen, Contributor

David Larsen is currently an eighth grader and has been at Rogich since sixth grade. He joined Publications last year and although he wrote stories for...