The Lovely Mrs. Levering

Mrs. Levering is the 8th grade counselor for the 2018-2019 school year at Sig Rogich Middle School

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Lovely Mrs. Levering

Olivia Rodriguez, Contributor

For the 2018-2019 school year at Sig Rogich Middle School, Mrs. Levering is the eighth grade counselor. Mrs. Levering chose to be a school counselor because she has always loved working with kids and she wanted the opportunity to be able to help students make a difference in their lives. Counseling allows her to help students individually and in small groups. Mrs. Levering’s favorite part about counseling is, “I love watching my students improve and work through difficult times. I love it when my students come back to see me and share their accomplishments with me.” However, Mrs. Levering’s least favorite part about counseling is, “It’s frustrating when I try really hard to help a student with something, but he/she won’t put any effort into it.”

Before Mrs. Levering was a counselor, she was a teacher and really enjoyed it, so if she wasn’t a counselor, then she would be teaching at either an elementary school, or at a middle school. In 5 years, Mrs. Levering hopes to still be working as a counselor because she really enjoys all of her students and the staff. Some of Mrs. Leverings hobbies are exercising, shopping, reading, and baking. When Mrs. Levering isn’t at work, she is spending time with her family such as watching her son play baseball, walking her dog and going to the beach or pool. Overall, Mrs. Levering loves her job as being a counselor at Sig Rogich Middle School.

Photo Credit: Olivia Rodriguez