Family Movie Night Out

Are you bored sitting around at home? Then head on over to the movie theater and watch a new movie. Two are coming out in February. "Lego Movie 2," and "How to Train Your Dragon 3."

Sydney Dunn, Contributor

Do you have younger siblings, and do they drive you crazy? Well then, you’re in luck, because in February two movies are coming out, and they will have to be quiet during them! If you have a younger brother or sister that loves Legos, take them to the “Lego Movie 2.” It’s coming out February 8, 2019. Maybe they’re not into that, but they’re into dragons take them to go see “How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World,” coming out on February 2, 2019. They are both family friendly movies and are rated PG.

“The Lego Movie 2” is the sequel to the first film, but what is it about? In the city of Bricksburg, a new threat is coming. The invaders are destroying everything that gets in their way. They are the LEGO DUPLOs! The citizens of Bricksburg battle to return peace to their universe.

“How to Train Your Dragon 3” is a 1 hour and 44 minutes long movie. It is a shocking tale about growing up, finding bravery to face the unknown, and how there is nothing that trains you how to let go. The unlikely friendship between a Viking,  Hiccup, and a fearsome Night Fury dragon, Toothless, continues in this final film in the trilogy. Hiccup and Toothless face the darkest threat their village has ever faced and are forced to leave the only home that they have ever known. There also is an introduction of a new female Night Fury dragon that adds an interesting twist. The reviews say to be prepared to shed a few tears.

If you are thinking about going, it’s probably a good idea you see the first ones. On January 22, the first “Lego Movie” will be on Redbox. The first and second “How to Train Your Dragons” are currently on Redbox.

Hopefully, this helps you decide which movie is right for your family. Maybe you will decide to see a double feature and watch both. Either way, head on over to the movie theater, get some popcorn, and have a great time with your family!

Photo Credit: pexels.com

About the Writer
Sydney Dunn, Contributor

Sydney Dunn is a fascinating person! She has two wonderful sisters, two extraordinary parents, and one adorable dog. Sydney loves to play volleyball, play...