For The Love of Disney

What does Valentines week have in store for Rogich. As the season of love and hearts comes around find out the dress up days.

Back to Article
Back to Article

For The Love of Disney

Katie Kar, Contributor

Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and with that means a week full of dress up days and fun. During the week of Valentine’s Day, each day has a dress-up day that students can do. There is also a basketball game Wednesday after school. Even though some people may not have a date or a special someone that doesn’t mean that the week can’t be enjoyable. The week of Valentine’s day is Disney themed so the week is called “ For the Love of Disney.” Participation will be appreciated during the week.

On Monday, February 11, the dress up day would be Mickey and Minnie day. On Monday wear your favorite Minnie and Mickey ears for the day and see who else has the same ears.

On Tuesday, February 12, the dress up day is Twinning with a friend. On that day find one of your best friends and match for the day and have a personal twin. This will be fun for the real twins at Rogich too.

On Wednesday, February 13, the dress up day is wear all pink. Come to school in any pink clothes that you may own. On Wednesday, there is also a pink out basketball games. So come cheer on the team.

On Thursday, February 14, the dress up day is day of hearts. Dress up in Red, Pink, White and wear hearts too. It’s Valentine’s day, so share the love of the day with others. It doesn’t matter if anyone has a special person or anything, it’s a day to celebrate “love.”

On Friday, February 15, the dress up day is Fantasy day where students can express or be their favorite Disney character for a day. Outfits can be inspired by certain characters or for the extra people just dress up as a Disney character. Share with people the love for Disney.

For all these dress up days the dress code is NOT going on vacation. Make sure for the dress up days that the outfits are dress code appropriate. On February 15, there will also be a dance for all students, make sure to buy tickets in advance because tickets will not be sold at the door. In order though to make the dance happen a total of 150 tickets must be sold so make sure to get your tickets, which are 5 dollars.

The names for the dress up days are listed below. Not all names are official:

• Mickey and Minnie Monday
  • Twinning Tuesday
  • Wednesdays we wear pink ( not official name)
  • Thursday- The day of hearts
  • Fantasy Friday

Photo credit- Pexels.com