It’s Time for SBACs!

Learn some quick tips about how to keep focused and occupied during the SBACs.

Back to Article
Back to Article

It’s Time for SBACs!

Anna Rampoldi, Contributor

It’s time for the most important test of the school year, SBACs. This test is very important for a student’s education and it is important that students do well because it helps you get placed into more advanced classes. At this time, students here at Sig Rogich will be sitting in their first period for most of the morning. This test can be tedious, so here are some tips to keep focused and occupied during the SBAC.

Getting a good night’s sleep is very important for a successful day of testing. Without being well rested the consequences will show drastically. Students will not be able to focus if they are only thinking of the next time they can go to bed. Tired students will most likely have lower test scores than ones that get a well-rested sleep. Teenagers should be getting nine hours of sleep in order to succeed during their assigned testing days.

Clearly, it is not new that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This especially applies to students because it starts off the day of learning. Breakfast gives students the fuel they need to test. Without this meal, students will most likely not be focused and will not have the energy to power through the SBAC. The nutrients needed for the brain after a good night’s sleep are found in breakfast. Therefore, if a student wants to achieve a decent grade on the SBAC they should eat a good breakfast.

Finally, in order to stay occupied after a test, make sure to bring a book with you at all times. There are many different types of genres to choose from and by going to the school library before or after school all the options will be available. Some great books to read or The Book Thief, Divergent, and Five Feet Apart. Instead of wasting brain power staring at a wall, using it on a book will benefit your brain. If reading is just not your thing then just take a nap. There is nothing else to do, so by resting your brain you will benefit for your next classes.

To sum up, SBACs are one of the most important exams of the year. Use these helpful tips to help you succeed on the exam. So, make sure to get a good night’s rest because it is time for the SBAC.

Photo Credit: Pexels.com