Earth Day

Take care of our Earth for Earth Day

Back to Article
Back to Article

Earth Day

Brooke Silon, Contributor

The Earth is the most important thing but people treat it like trash by littering, not recycling their plastic and paper and putting stuff in our ocean that shouldn’t be in there. On April 22nd we all should treat the Earth a little bit better considering it is Earth Day. Earth Day is where you do things that will help out the Earth.

Things you can do that will help out is recycling, use reusable cups, turn off your lights, unplug your devices, use Earth friendly products, and cut back using plastic bags. All these things will help our Earth. It will be a process and it will take a while to see the benefits because of how bad people treat our Earth on a daily basis. We should be taking better care of our Earth everyday not just for this holiday.

People are very careless and throw stuff into our oceans. Animals are very important to our ecosystem and without them it would mess everything up. The plastic that is disposed of in our oceans are killing fish, turtles, and seals. Many times they get trapped in the plastic and also confuse it for food. People should be a little bit more cautious on what they throw into the ocean. Just throw your stuff in a garbage can. 

The Earth is home to millions of people and animals and without the Earth we would all not be here. The Earth is everyone’s home so you should respect it like it is your own house. Stand up to the horrible people that throw stuff anywhere by picking up their disgusting act. Hopefully people will treat the Earth with a little more respect.

Photo credit:  https://www.pexels.com/photo/person-holding-save-our-planet-sign-2027058/

About the Writer
Brooke Silon, Contributor

Brooke is a student at Sig Rogich Middle School. She loves to swim and do gymnastics in her free time. Her favorite subject is English because she does...