Farewell, Rough Riders

At least it's almost Summer!

David Larsen, Contributor

The school year is coming to an end very quickly now. With only a very short amount of time left, it’s pretty safe to say that it will go by quicker than we think. Although Summer Break is practically upon us, there are some things to look forward to in the time we have left, and some things you should do before it’s time to say goodbye.

To start off the month, the annual Disneyland/Fine-Arts trip is coming up faster than you can say “Hot Diggity Dog”! The Fine-Arts members will be performing, and the eighth graders who also wish to attend will be able to go as well. Although the sixth and seventh graders who aren’t in fine arts won’t be able to attend, they can still look forward to that and have more time to plan on going if they want to. The trip will last from Friday, May 3 to Sunday, May 5, so don’t miss it. It’s going to be a trip you will not forget.

A week after that, on May 10, there are three exciting things in one day! We have the 8th grade Picnic, yearbook distribution/signing party, and the 8th grade Dance. The picnic is something everybody looks forward to. You get to go to the pool and relax for a bit, then get to eat lunch, and play for most of the afternoon. Then, you finally get to see your yearbook and all the fun memories you made throughout your time at Rogich. Finally, at the end of the day, you get to spend the night at the school dance with your friends or your date if you brought one. It’s a great, fun-filled day for the 8th graders to finish off their last days of middle school.

On May 15, we have Awards Night, a fun night not just the 8th graders get to look forward to. This is when lots of people can get awarded for their good grades, citizenship, productiveness, and so much more. It’s a fun night for everyone, and it’s also fun to see what you were awarded. Awards Night will be held that night in the gym from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, so make sure to plan for it and not miss it. It’s going to be a blast!

On top of the award(s) you may receive from Awards Night, Student of the Year is also approaching quickly just two days later. It’s a pretty big thing to get as well, and a great thing to show to your friends, family or just random people! Okay, maybe not the that one, but it’s still pretty cool and people will definitely be impressed. The celebration will take place on Friday, May 17 in the library from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm. Hopefully, you’ll be one of the ones to get nominated; it’ll be a really cool celebration.

Finally, to end the year is the last day of school, coming up very soon on May 23. We will have the last two final exams to finish, but they’re going to go by quick! It may be sad for some, and exciting for others, but it will be nice to have a long break for the next grade. This will be an especially memorable day for the 8th graders as well, who will be leaving middle school and going on to high school. Just make sure not to rush through your exams and make sure to finish off the rest of this school year stronger than ever.

Middle school has been a much different experience for everyone. There’s no doubt about that! But looking back on all the fun times that we’ve had so far, it’s pretty safe to say that it’s been a pretty good year. As always, though, make sure to read some of the awesome stories on Rider Review and make sure to keep reading next year, it’s going to be just as good. Also, if you have any plans for summer, make sure to leave a comment! Lastly, to everyone who’s been reading, I’d just like to say thank you! It’s been a great time writing for the Rider Review. Have a great summer, and for the 8th graders, have a good time in high school. Goodbye, Rough Riders.