RMS Student, Mia McPaterson

Mia McPaterson works her hardest to achieve her academic goals, and also has a lot of fun doing other activities she loves.

Dulce Sanders, Contributor

Mia McPaterson is an 8th grade student at Sig Rogich Middle School who tries her hardest to succeed, but still knows how to have fun. The first question I asked was, “When did something start out poorly for you but in the end, it was great?” and Mia responded by saying “I wasn’t doing well in Science, but I turned it around.” If Mia had to choose between academics or sports, she would choose academics. Next, I asked her if she thought Rogich was a good school and she said, “Yes…because I learn a lot.” When Mia grows up she wants to pursue the career of being an entrepreneur. The best book series she has ever read was Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven. Mia loves school but, in the next 10 years, she looks forward to being done with school. Popularity does not interest Mia, she cares more for her grades and friends.

Most people have an idol, a person that they look up to and greatly admire, and for Mia, her mother is her idol because she “Taught me all I know.”, said Mia. Her favorite artist is Mozart because “He started music, and he’s cool.” Mia has an open mind and would love to visit anywhere possible. Mia plays soccer. An ideal way for her to spend the weekend is to hang out with her friends. Lastly, I asked Mia “Where is the most interesting place you’ve been too?” and she said “Hawaii.” Mia McPaterson is focused on school, but also has different interests that she has fun while doing.

Photo credit: Dulce Sanders