The Valiant Sr. Valle

An interview with the Sig Rogich Spanish teacher, Sr. Valle

Nicholas Khurana, Contributor

Sr. Valle is the Spanish teacher here at Sig Rogich Middle School. He has been at Rogich for a total of 6 years. He moved to the U.S. in 1998 to attend college in Oregon, where he met his wife. Later they decided to move to Las Vegas in 2006. He loves the Spanish culture in Las Vegas and all of Nevada, ”The Spanish influence within Nevada is very large so I think that students learning to speak the language is very important here in Nevada,” he says. He taught at a private school, The Meadows, in the valley for 6 years and later becoming an estate manager in Texas. “I used to be an estate manager but I didn’t feel fulfilled as I feel in this one,” he says. He is from a small town in Argentina called Mar Del Plata. 

During the holidays, he has a big Christmas Eve celebration with family and friends, he spends Christmas and New Year at home with his kids. On January 6th, him and his family celebrate 3 kings to honor when baby Jesus was born. In his free time, he enjoys playing sports and doing activities with his kids. He especially is very fond of playing basketball and soccer with his two children. He loves to watch tennis, football, and soccer. Also of course he loves to teach daily here at Sig Rogich Middle School.

Photo credit:Nicholas Khurana