New Year, New Semester!

It's 2020 and the start of the second semester. Make sure to know what is coming up for you the rest of the year.

Anna Rampoldi, Contributor

Winter break has come to an end and it’s now time to get back into the grind of school. Semester two has begun leaving it all up to the student on how they want to end their 2019-2020 school year. Since it is also the beginning of a new quarter grades start fresh. Making sure that the first few grades that go into your Infinite Campus will be vital to keeping a passing grade. For tests this semester, it is time to start focusing on the SBAC and our final exams. Both of these tests are important to do well on. Your SBAC scores carry through your whole school experience and a good final exam grade will ensure that you have the grades to get into any class of your choice next year. For eighth graders, getting good grades is important so that you can get into any high school of your choice. 

The second round of MAPS testing will begin on January 7th for all grades. Make sure that you are prepared for your grade will be kept track of. At the end of the year, you will be able to see the progress that you have made on this computer taken test. 

During the second semester, there are many events going on. For example, the fine arts Disneyland trip is happening during this semester. Anyone in an advanced performing arts class will get the opportunity to travel to Disneyland for two days. They get to work in a studio and the next day they get to go to the parks. There will also be an opportunity for a group of eighth graders to go on the trip that is not in any performing arts. 

The eighth grade picnic will take place at the end of the second semester. It will happen all through the day and obviously is just for the eighth grade. The day will take place at the Pavilion Pool and is a fun way to celebrate the last days of middle school. 

The 2019-2020 yearbook will also be distributed during the second semester. Make sure you pre-order your yearbook today at jostens.com so that you are guaranteed a yearbook. You won’t want to miss out on the twentieth edition of the Sig Rogich yearbook.  $45 until April 16th.

Finally, to top the second semester off, there will be final exams. Whether you have an A in your class or not, a bad grade on your exams will bring you down greatly. Make sure you remember what you have learned through the semester in order to ace those finals. 

Photo Credit: Pexels.com