Visiting the Galapagos Islands

Have you ever wanted to visit out of country?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Visiting the Galapagos Islands

Rachel Carney, Contributor

Have you ever been interested in going to another country? Planning and hosting your own trip out of town is difficult, it’s a long planning process and far from an easy one. It’s often worth it, but that doesn’t make planning any less of a burden. But what if you had everything for a practical dream trip provided to you? Not just that, but a trip that you can go to with friends as well.

Well, if that sounds appealing to you, in the summer of 2021 Sig Rogich Middle School will be visiting the Galapagos Islands in South America. While hotels and airlines are currently unknown, there is a January meeting that can bebrown animal on rocky field during daytime attended and a previous meeting with information. The price is relatively high, but it also pays for everything – the trip, planes, hotels, food, activities, everything.

So what do the Galapagos Islands have and why should you pay? It includes but is not limited to:

➣ Picturesque view

➣ Little crowds

➣ Not permanently open to the public!

➣Trip is open to any student (does not have to be in middle school or attend SRMS)

➣ Plentiful fun activities that apply to different groups

➣ Great food

➣ Everything provided to you and pre-planned

To elaborate on “Not permanently open to the public!,” the Galapagos Islands close for tourists not long after the trip ends. So if you want to visit, you can only for a limited time.

Of course, there will be various activities during the trip. These activities include:

➣ Hiking

➣ Swimming with sea animals

➣ Snorkeling

selective focus photo of brown tortoiseWhile there are currently no exact dates for the trip yet, there is a meeting on, Wednesday, January 29, at 6pm, with plentiful information if you’re interested, and there was a prior meeting on Thursday, December 12. The estimated price to attend is $3,994 (for children) and $4,524 (for adults). Note: this is also not a CCSD or SRMS sponsored trip. And while that price may seem quite high, as said above, that pays for everything. For more information, there will be more in upcoming RRTV(Rough Rider TV, aka daily announcements) episodes, and there are various posters around the school and flyers with the information are being handed out as well.

As for the Galapagos Islands, what are they? Well, as stated by Wikipedia, they are “an archipelago of volcanic islands distributed on either side of the equator in the Pacific Ocean surrounding the center of the Western Hemisphere, 906 km (563 mi) west of continental Ecuador.” In layman’s terms, they are a group of volcanic islands in South America. There are exotic animals, activities and opportunities, hiking, and a beautiful view. Though as stated earlier, they won’t be open for long!

So, expensive or not, this trip will definitely be worth the price, especially because you can go with your friends, and other reasons listed. Again, for additional information, it is on the website, in RRTV, and there are various posters around the school and flyers being handed out. If you do decide to go, we wish you the best of times! See Mr. Beegen in Room 608 for more information!

Link to tour website with all of the information and ways to sign up!

www.explorica.com/beegen-2617

Photo Credit (in order shown):

Featured photo credit: @andy_brunner on Unsplash.com

@macgaither on Unsplash.com

@artofhoping on Unsplash.com

Works cited: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gal%C3%A1pagos_Islands